Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cartoon Brain Damage

Dear son my precious child, mommy doesn't want to turn the channel because it is her turn and she wants to watch Minnie Mouse!  Back away from that remote!

Cartoons are a way of life if you have a child...or in some cases wish you were a child. There is no escaping it, and I am not too proud to admit that I like some of them.  Just last week, RJ was watching something on Disney Junior and a commercial announced a new series of Minnie's Bow Toons.  I looked at RJ and said, "YAY!"  He looked at me like I had lost my mind and replied, "Mom, that weird."  Seriously?  Did my three year old just call me weird because I got excited about Minnie Mouse?  It appears to be so!

At this point, I own more animated DVD's and Blueray than anything with adult appeal.  Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks...whatever, the studio, I probably have it.  We watch so much of this stuff that I believe it has damaged my brain.  If you were to look inside my head (caution...you are entering a scary place), what once was active brain matter is now neon colored putty.  If you were to give me a Rorschoch Test and present me with a yellow smudge, I would probably claim it is Kevin the minion from "Despicable Me".  Prime example...this summer, we took RJ and my niece Hannah to the zoo.  As we made our way through the bamboo maze, I knew we were nearing the Meerkat Exhibit because I could hear people singing, "I like to move it, move it..."  What did my family do when we arrived at the exhibit, we sung the same lyrics and my Mom and I broke it down with some booty shaking.  This is proof that Madagascar madness has not only taken over my home, but that of my parents, too.

It doesn't stop there.  On my way to work this morning, "Livin' La Vida Loca," came on 90's on 9, and I began singing that song at the top of my lungs.  During the bridge of the song, the thought struck me, "I like Puss n' Boots and Donkey's version better..."  WHAT???  I am infected with Shrek-itis!  Sadly, I really do like the "Shrek" version better!  Where is Dr. Phil on days like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment